What should pre-2013 website customers do?

Options
tsf
tsf
Community Member

Hi,

I am basically asking if 1Password 5 will be a free upgrade for MAS customers, too. Upgrading my v3 licence to a v4 one is cheaper than buying 1Password 4 from the MAS, but it won't be if I have to pay to upgrade to v5 a few years down the line while MAS customers get it for free.

Maybe it seems a little premature to be talking about the next version. I just would rather jump on the MAS bandwagon now if that's the way you're intending to go in the future.

Comments

• Hi @tsf,

Considering it's been 4 years between 1Password 3 and 1Password 4, we can't predict what we're going to do for 1Password 5 as a lot of things can change including the Mac App Store.

However, considering that we need to be able to feed our families, it is likely that 1Password 5 will be sold as a separate paid app, like we did for 1Password 4 in the iOS App Store. We just decided to make 1Password 4 for Mac an exception to this.

• tsf
    tsf
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am more than happy to pay, I just didn't want to feel like I'd made the wrong decision.

P.S. Plus I didn't want to have to wait to buy it from your store if I was going to end up getting it from the MAS anyway.

• You're welcome.

I'd suggest grabbing it from the MAS version. It's easier to switch from the MAS to the website version than it is to switch from the website version to the MAS.

With your receipt as proof, we can give you a free license from our web store if you have issues with the MAS version.

This discussion has been closed.