Search change? No more partial strings?

Options
mpmchugh
mpmchugh
Community Member

So, it seems like something very useful was eliminated from the keychain search, unless there's a setting for it somewhere.

You used to be able to enter a unique character string that appeared anywhere in an item name to get a hit.

Now it seems like it only searches from the first character forward.

For instance, I used to be able to enter "ball" and get "baseball.com" returned as a search hit.

Now I have to type "baseball" or "base" to get to it.

Was there a reason for this change? Is there a setting to allow partial string searches to work?

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• mpmchugh
    mpmchugh
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, as mentioned in subsequent thread, this seems to only be a Mini problem. Partial string searches work fine in the main 1Password window. Lack of partial string searching in Mini, though is a huge step backwards.

• Hi @mpmchugh,

This is something we want to improve in the future for mini. Right now, they both deal with searches differently and we have a lot of planned improvements toward the search systems in both the app and the mini. We do want to try to make them both consistent.

• mpmchugh
    mpmchugh
    Community Member
    Options

Okay. It's just really frustrating when updates to apps focus so much on the "new stuff," that they break existing functionality people depend on. I would not have upgraded had I known this was broken, as there's nothing new here that was worth losing something I use all day long. :( I hope this get's fixed soon. Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options
This discussion has been closed.