MAS shows 1P4 is $39.99 not free.

Options
baronson
baronson
Community Member

I have been using and loving 1P3 for years. I want to upgrade on my Mac; so, I just went to the Mac App store to take advantage of the free offer for 1P4. However, the product is listed for $39.99. When I click on the price, the button changes to buy app. I don't want to go further in the purchase process just in case I will be charged the full amount. Am I doing something wrong or has the free offer expired?

Thanks,

Bruce

Comments

• Hi Bruce,

It is free for everybody who bought 1Password 3.9.x at the Mac App Store before 1Password 4 was released. If you didn't buy it at the Mac App Store, then it will be $40.

If you bought 1Password 3 from our web store within the last 9 months (any time in the year 2013), you will also receive a free upgrade to 1Password 4.

If you bought before 2013 from our web store, then you'd have to pay 25$ to upgrade to 1Password 4 at the web store. We're working on finishing the work at the store but once it is ready, you'd be able to click the upgrade button to get that discount.

• Jumpstreetuk
    Jumpstreetuk
    Community Member
    Options

I bought just a few months ago but don't have an upgrade option - how do I get that option?

Graeme

• Jumpstreetuk
    Jumpstreetuk
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, please ignore that last query - I found the download, thanks!

• Hi @Graeme,

Don't buy anything yet, we'll be sending out emails soon about the upgrade license.

• Jumpstreetuk
    Jumpstreetuk
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks Mike. I downloaded 1P4 trial but couldn't apply my 1P3 licence so reverted to old version for now.

• Hi @jumpstreetuk,

You don't have to revert to 1Password 3 at all. You can keep using 1Password 4 for 30 days free without any restrictions. We'll be emailing out the free upgrade licenses to everybody within the next few days, so there's plenty of time before the trial expires.

This discussion has been closed.