1Password mini search behavior

Options
Larry Abel
Larry Abel
Community Member

1Password mini’s search field does not finds items that contain the search term, it only finds items that begin with the search term.
The 1Password 4 app and the old 3.x browser extension both find items that contain the search term, which to me is the more useful behavior.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Larry. Thanks for reporting this issue. Here's what @MikeT wrote about it in another topic:

Right now, 1Password mini requires that you type the beginning characters to find the items with that search term. It won't search for substrings within the titles itself, meaning xample won't work either if you have an item called Example.

We're investigating this and finding a way to increase the fuzziness of the search results within 1Password mini. The main 1Password app should work fine.

I hope that information is helpful and am sorry for any inconvenience this causes you.

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

It seems as though this is not exactly correct. I am able to search for the beginning of any words in titles regardless of whether that word is at the beginning of the title or not.

For example, with a title such as Wall Street Journal, I can successfully search for "Wall", "wa" "Street", "str", "Journal" or "jou", but not as you note "treet" or "all" or "nal"

• mpmchugh
    mpmchugh
    Community Member
    Options

I'd started a thread on this earlier too. Lack of partial string searches in 1Password mini is a huge productivity killer, and a major backards step in usability. Hope it's fixed soon.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followups, guys.

[Related topic]

This discussion has been closed.