Upgrade from 1P3 website to 1P4 App Store

pdadoc1
pdadoc1
Community Member

I haven't found any documentation of how to do this upgrade. I realize that at current pricing, it's $15 more, but it's worth it for me to have iCloud sync and easy updating of all my macs. That said, I don't want problems migrating this way. Please advise so as to make this a seamless upgrade... thanks!

Comments

• BD1
    BD1
    Community Member

I have same question. I have 2 macbooks and would like to use apple app store to buy. How do I upgrade for agile store 1p3 to apple store 1p4?

• MikeT
    edited October 2013

Hi guys,

1Password 4 is designed to know where your data file is in 1Password 3 and will pick it up right off the bat.

Just install 1Password 4 from the Mac App Store and open it. You can watch this video to see it in action.

• BD1
    BD1
    Community Member

The question is not about data but how to get the upgrade price when moving from agile web store 1p3 to apple mac store 1p4?

• pdadoc1
    pdadoc1
    Community Member

Thanks!- For me, the question was only about data. I understand totally there is no ability to handle upgrade pricing on Mac app store! Just to be clear, that video does NOT address migrating from 1PW 3 purchased FROM AGILE WEBSITE to 1PW4 now purchased FROM APP STORE. I'm assuming you're saying nothing specific is needed for this scenario (although your site does suggest removing 1PW3 web plugins first for any migration from 1PW3).

• BD1
    BD1
    Community Member

My misunderstanding but to Agile, how do we upgrade this way? Thanks.

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member

BD1: Sorry but as far as I know, it isn't possible. The Mac App Store doesn't have the ability for upgrades (free or paid) from external versions (Agile's website version). If you want to switch to the MAS version to gain iCloud sync, app management, multiple computer installs, etc., then you will need to purchase it again from the MAS.

• Hi guys,

@pdadoc1:

I'm assuming you're saying nothing specific is needed for this scenario (although your site does suggest removing 1PW3 web plugins first for any migration from 1PW3).

Correct, nothing more is needed and both migrations will require you to remove the 1Password 3 extensions as 1Password 4 extensions are required to work with the 1Password 4 app.

@BD1, there is no upgrade pricing available at the MAS, there's no way for us to lower the price for a selective group.

So, you can either purchase the 1Password app at the Mac App Store for 40$ if you really need it there, or upgrade for 25$ at our web store.

You can email us at support@agilebits.com and we can tell you more about what we can do for you.

• pdadoc1
    pdadoc1
    Community Member

ok- just purchased from App Store and installed after removing extensions in all browsers. I then also disabled Dropbox sync, and enabled iCloud sync. It went COMPLETELY without a hitch. I know this wasn't easy-- congrats on enabling such an easy and seamless upgrade!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @pdadoc1. Glad to hear your upgrade experience went smoothly!

This discussion has been closed.