One Bank but three 1Password Locations?

Rockyroad
Rockyroad
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to one Password (coming from Splash ID).

In Splash, I have one entry for each of my Banking organisations that covers all the bank account numbers, the credit cards and the internet banking logins. It works well.

In 1Password it looks like I need to have one entry in "Bank Accounts" for the general account details, another in "Credit Cards" for the cards and another in "Logins" for the net banking. Is this correct? It seems messy.

If I put all the details in "Bank Accounts" will I lose the auto login features of 1Password?

What about if I put all the Bank details in "Logins" (by making sections under the default fields) and then don't use "Bank Accounts" or "Credit Cards" at all - do I lose anything by doing that?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Hi @rockeyroad,

The template we use in Logins, Identities, and Credit Cards are tailored to match how the auto-fillers will work for them, that's why you do have to separate them out. There are some ideas flying around from customers and our teams that we could embed such templates into other categories like Bank and that's something we'd like to try in the future.

For now, you do have to separate the data in those three categories, you can tag them together to make easier to find in the future.

This discussion has been closed.