Updated to 1P4, now my master password is different between my Mac and iPhone

canmore
canmore
Community Member

For a very long time I have the 1Password app on my iPhone and 1Password v3 on my Mac. Both share the same master password. Today I updated my Mac to v4 of 1Password. After the update, my Mac 1Password (282 Items) reverted to an old master password (six months old I would say) and my iPhone 1Password (271 Items) remained with the latest and correct password. Any idea as to why? Note the number of items are not the same as well. I am thinking I have files out of order on my Mac, as I am uncertain of what to change, I am changing nothing until I hear from someone wiser on the subject.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @canmore. I'm sorry that you're having this trouble after the 1P4 upgrade and apologize for the delay in responding.

Were you previously using the MAS or website version of 1P3? And which version of 1P are you using on your iPhone? And everything had been recently synching okay with Dropbox before the upgrade?

It sounds like the 1P4 on your Mac may have found an older data file during the upgrade instead of the more current one. If you open Preferences > Sync does it look something like this:

… or something different? Also, can you temporarily sort the item list in Date Modified order, like this:

… and check the dates of the newest items? If they're older than expected it's a clue that 1P4's not using the data you'd like it to.

That information could be helpful for knowing what to suggest you do next to get this sorted out. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.