1Password hangs on "Checking iCloud"

Options
mlaster
mlaster
Community Member

I deleted 1Password entirely and re-installed it on my iPhone. On initial launch it just hangs on "Checking iCloud". The app is unresponsive so I can't get into the settings to get logs or diagnostic details.

I've already rebooted my device and left it sitting for 30 minutes with no progress.

Comments

• mlaster
    mlaster
    Community Member
    Options

I turned Documents and Data entirely off, rebooted my phone and turned it back on to reset syncing. The App still will not launch. I have Todo 7 installed on my phone as well and iCloud syncing works fine with it, so I don't think my iCloud document syncing is broken.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mlaster,

I'm sorry to hear that iCloud sync isn't working well for you right now. We recently released 1Password 4.1 which should fix this issue, please visit the App Store’s Updates section to download the update if you haven't already.

If you are still having difficulties, please check out our Troubleshooting Page for iCloud.

• mlaster
    mlaster
    Community Member
    Options

4.1? I'm running 4.2.7 which I just downloaded from the store. As far as I can tell, that is the newest version available.

• mlaster
    mlaster
    Community Member
    Options

Just for testing, I did a full "Erase all Content and Settings" on my device and then downloaded 1Password 4.2.7 on a fresh install of the OS.
    This is a bit drastic, but I guess it shows that the problem is on the device side, not on the iCloud server side.

• mlaster
    mlaster
    Community Member
    Options

Weird...my other iPhone seem to have gotten past the "Checking iCloud" screen now even though I erased an entirely different device.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mlaster,

Sorry for my version gaffe there. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get past the 'Checking iCloud' screen finally :) If you run into any other iCloud snags, we're here to help!

• mlaster
    mlaster
    Community Member
    Options

Spoke to soon. My iPad is still having the issue. And my iPhone claims it is syncing, but actually isn't. I can make a change on the iPhone and not see it on my Mac. I tried the troubleshooting steps, but I can't fully follow them since not every computer and device linked to my iCloud account is in the same location, which makes it hard to turn iCloud off on all devices.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mlaster,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties. iCloud syncing is a feature that is new to 1Password 4, and so far we've only released 1Password 4 for iOS, so it is currently only able to sync between iOS devices.

• AndyP
    AndyP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlaster,

Sorry to hear about the iCloud issue. I was wondering, you mentioned that you deleted and re-installed 1Password on your iPhone. Prior to that were you using iCloud to sync? Specifically, was it enabled before you deleted? Or did you use it once and disable it? I assume you were, but I was just checking because it'll help me find a fix.

• mlaster
    mlaster
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be working for me now (knock on wood!). I just bought the non-beta 4.0 for my Mac and decided to give it another go after making a full backup. So far I have 2 macs and 3 iOS devices that seem to be happily syncing. I think maybe the trick in my case was entirely deleting my 1Password data in iCloud via iCloud Settings -> Storage & Backup -> Manage Storage. Once iCloud was clean I started fresh from my Mac after I had disabled Dropbox sync without deleting the local data.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mlaster,

Thanks for letting us know that you're all set up (finally!) If you do experience more difficulties, we're here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.