Still no way to migrate from website purchase to App Store?

Tazzdd
Tazzdd
Community Member

I started on 1Password before there was an App Store. I love the product and wouldn't mind paying extra to migrate over for the convenience. I don't really want to pay full price again though. Any possible options?

Comments

• moto
    moto
    Community Member

It's 20% off in the MAS now - only $15 more than the future upgrade price from the AB store ($25). The MAS isn't going away anytime soon, and I can see more and more developers getting on board with Apple's vision of a unified/safe app delivery system for all Mac Apps. The sooner you get on board, the less you have to worry about being left out in the cold when new "MAS-only" features are announced, "MAS-only free upgrades", etc.

• Tazzdd
    Tazzdd
    Community Member

Sounds like a plan. I think 1password is worth it. I hadn't even thought of MAS-only features.

• basepi
    basepi
    Community Member

I don't think you ever have to worry about MAS-only features. The MAS doesn't give developers any more power for development, but just for distribution. (In fact, it hamstrings some things for development because of sandboxing). Additionally, Apple takes a 30% cut of app store revenue, so there's no incentive to have MAS-only features, as they gain more money per purchase for non app store purchases.

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member

Not completely true. A MAS application can access iCloud but non-MAS apps can't.
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/65900/#Comment_65900

• Hi guys,

@smudge is correct. Right now, iCloud sync is only officially allowed for Mac and iOS App Store apps.

This discussion has been closed.