Looks a little intimidating

BluePuck
BluePuck
Community Member

Hi gang. Considering purchasing 1password 4 for my iMac (Safari) but it looks just a little intimidating. Is it simple enough for your average user who is just worried about general security? After I purchase 1password4 (and select a master password) will the app automatically update all my forum sign-ins, banking password(s) and the like? If not, how would I do that myself? Looks just a tad on the complicated side.....

Comments

• fahnoe
    fahnoe
    Community Member

IPassword does not automatically update any logins, that's up to you. 1Password just makes it very easy to generate and record strong passwords for all of the sites that you use. You'll need to log in to each site with the credentials you currently use, then go through the process of changing the password. When you change the password, 1Password will supply a generated "strong" password, and record it for you. From that point forward you only need to know the master password used to access 1Password, and 1Password will supply the appropriate password for the sites you visit. I'm simplifying a bit to outline the process for you. In general 1Password has been simple and reliable for our family use for many years now.

--Larry

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BluePuck!

You can download 1Password 4 as a free trial and see how it works for you.

As @fahnoe correctly pointed out it won't go to the sites and changes passwords for you. You have to still do that yourself (with 1Password at your side to help you create and save really strong and unique passwords for each site).

Our goal is to make things easier and more secure for you. So we want 1Password do be something that everyone can use. You will have to be the judge of whether we succeeded. And be sure to make use of our Getting Started Guides with helpful videos.

Cheers,

-j

–-
    Jeffrey Goldberg
    Chief Defender Against the Dark Arts @ AgileBits
    http://agilebits.com

This discussion has been closed.