Mac, and Windows, and iOS, oh my!

Options
niltz
niltz
Community Member

I have 1Password for Mac, Win, and iOS all syncing using dropbox. If I upgrade 1Password for Mac to version 4, will the other apps continue to work/sync properly?

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member
    Options

Yes as long as you only have a single primary vault. There is an issue with additional vaults and syncing to Dropbox.

• dbreiser
    dbreiser
    Community Member
    Options

It isn't working so well for me. I added 2 secure notes on my work Windows machine, and they are not showing up in 1P4 on my mac. It also took 2 syncs on my iPhone for them to show up there. All version claim they sync'd mere seconds ago, but not everything is getting updated.

I'm using Dropbox for my syncing. Mac has been rebooted tonight since the additions at work, and 1P4 claims it has sync'd since the reboot.

• Hi guys,

@niltz:

If I upgrade 1Password for Mac to version 4, will the other apps continue to work/sync properly?

It should work properly. For majority of folks, it's been working great once they understand some of the limitations. One of which is that if you try to edit an item 1Password for Windows or other 1Password 3 apps, it'll sync back to 1Password 4 without the custom icon that you saved previously in 1Password 4. The data is safe, just that the custom image won't be. The same is true for favorited status for items in 1Password 4, editing them in 1Password 3 apps may lose that favorite data when it is synced back to 1Password 4.

@dbreiser:

I'm using Dropbox for my syncing. Mac has been rebooted tonight since the additions at work, and 1P4 claims it has sync'd since the reboot.

Just to be clear, the sync status you see in the 1Password app is only on the local side, we don't know what's going on with Dropbox or iCloud afterward.

Have you reported this to us elsewhere? Did Dropbox report any activity on all computers that a file was created for the Secure note item you created?

• dbreiser
    dbreiser
    Community Member
    Options

I have not reported it elsewhere.
    All versions of the dropbox folder show an item in the agile keychain and contents.js changed at the time the new note was created.
    My iPhone will pick up the new item on a sync, though1P 4.2.7 on the phone does occasionally seem to get stuck syncing. Or perhaps the Settings tab gears and Orange Sync icon arrows just get stuck turning for hours.
    1Password 4 on the mac claims it performed a sync since the item was transferred to dropbox, but 1P4 does not show the item in any window.

so,
    Create item in 1P on windows XP machine.
    Dropbox says it updates. Inspection of all remote dropbox folders confirm the presence of a new item.
    1P 4.2.7 on iPhone can get the item.
    1P 4 on a Mac does not get the new/changed item.

• @dbreiser,

This could be related to a bug that currently affects Mac App Store customers in certain cases. Please see this post for more information:
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/87235/#Comment_87235

We have submitted an update that should fix this problem.

This discussion has been closed.