Are there really people who find this easy to use?

pekala
pekala
Community Member

I've had 1Password for six months or so now, and I find absolutely everything about it incredibly user-unfriendly, non-intuitive, and clunky. Everything I try to do take about 10 tries, lots of deleting, and much confusion.

After updating, I have 2 mini-icons in the Mac toolbar (OK, I figured that out, but did anyone look at the instructions for how to uninstall the Safari extension for 1Password 3? Crazy!)

Now, even though I'm logged into 1Password, whenever I try to log onto a website, I get the request for the master password.

I'm really trying to give this a chance, but at EVERY turn, it's very difficult and frustrating.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited October 2013

I personally find 1Password quite easy to use, though to be fair it did take a bit of learning. And version 4 made everything even easier in my opinion.

Are you still having to enter the master password every time?

If so, here are three three things I can think of for you to try:

1. Make sure you have the 1Password 4 browser extension installed, not version 3.

2. Ensure "Always keep 1Password mini running" is checked in Preferences > General.

3. Under Preferences > Security, what are you auto-lock settings? Make sure "Lock when main window is closed" is not checked.

Hope you get it figured out, 1Password is an awesome app once you've learned all about it!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @pekala. I'm sorry you've been having difficulty and frustration using 1Password. Were any of @JasperP's suggestions helpful for you? We'd love to help you resolve any troubles you're still having. Thanks!

• cavenewt
    cavenewt
    Community Member

I use one password on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad. I don't think I could survive without it. I have set it up for several clients, and, while there is a learning curve involved, they seem to be coping just fine with only the occasional question.

Pekala, I don't see what's difficult about uninstalling the Safari extension; you just go to your Safari preferences, click on the extensions icon, and uninstall the one you don't want. Maybe your other problems just require a little tweaking on your preferences.

• @pekala : I understand you perfectly, I had the same problems. Here's what I found:

1) About having 2 menu bar icons: you just have to restart in order to have only the 1Password Mini menu bar (if desired).

2) I also had problem with autocompletion, but only on certain sites (banking site in Canada, here). Cmd-à would show up the dropdown from the menu bar and then I had to choose the good account – much more clicks than before, when it would directly autofill the form. I'm not sure if it's the backup/transfer process or if it's the sites themselves, but deleting the account info and re-saving 'em should do it.

Beside that, everything works fine now.

Hope it helped,

PE.

This discussion has been closed.