License

Options
wefski
wefski
Community Member

I received an email this evening with the License # for my free update to Version 4. It is the same number as I was issued for Version 3, is that correct?

Comments

• Hi @wefski,

No, 1Password 4 doesn't use any license #, only a license file.

In your email, did it have this header:

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it did. I checked License under Preferences and it said 3 was registered. I checked about a half hour later and it said I had 28 days remaining in the trial period. Do you know what is occurring?

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Mike, I too am confused by this... What is a License "File" and how is it not a license #? I have always recorded my software license #'s for future use in case I need to re-install.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

I just checked a couple minutes ago my license under Preferences, and it still tells me I have Trial Mode and good for another 28 days. I have written 3 emails over the last couple days and have not received a response other than in this forum from Mike T.
    I would like some clarification, am I a registered user of Version 4?

• Digeridude
    Digeridude
    Community Member
    Options

You need to download the linked file next to the label "License File:", which is right under the old v3 license # labeled "Windows Key:" for me. After downloading the license file, you click "Add License…" in "1Password 4" > "License…" and select this file. Worked for me and is also described in the mail itself.

• BrianStegner2
    BrianStegner2
    Community Member
    Options

For one thing, the email that was sent to me shows a "key" number and a license download link. I downloaded the license, went through 1Password prefs to install the license file, and the result: When I click Registration it shows 1Password 3. And by the way, on a Macintosh, clicking your "click here" link, in the email, to install the license, does not work at all. The system sends up a "no application handler" type alert.

• klute
    klute
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. The "Click Here" does not do anything at all (I checked webmail in two different broswers), and the license info provided is useless since the app requires a file of some kind! Very disappointing, Agilebits!

Also disappointing is that only after downloading and installing I bothered to check this forum for known issues only to discover that Chromium is not currently supported. Jeez.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

I just checked my License under Preferences and it says I am in the Trial Mode, 28 days remaining. Very frustrating Agilebits, please give us some answers, preferably on an individual basis rather than in general. I have the same results as BrianStegner2.

• jjnoel
    jjnoel
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

I moved this comment to the correct forum thread.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

Which is what? If you move something, tell us where.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

jjnoel@mac.com wrote:

I moved this comment to the correct forum thread.

Which comment are you referring to? Where did you move it?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone!

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the confusion here. As seems to be the case with any big launch, we've had a few hiccups, and one of these has been with our licensing. I know this can be very frustrating, and we really appreciate your patience. It looks like everything should be up and running smoothly in our back office now, so we should be able to get this straightened out in no time :)

@AMCarter3

I have always recorded my software license #'s for future use in case I need to re-install.

If you'd like to keep a record of your 1Password license, the part you want to write down is the UUID (which is the alpha-numeric string between name and extension in the file name of the download). You can also keep the license file and/or the email receipt as an attachment in 1Password. And keep in mind that you always have the option to re-download the file from our Customer Centre if necessary. :)

@BrianStegner2

I downloaded the license, went through 1Password prefs to install the license file, and the result: When I click Registration it shows 1Password 3.

Your registration will look slightly different depending on where you got 1Password 4. Please see this comment for details: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/87425/#Comment_87425

I think everyone else has had their questions sorted out in another post, but if there are any remaining licensing issues here, I'd be happy to help clarify :)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Megan!

This discussion has been closed.