HUGE vault icon appearing out of nowhere

Options
BikerBob
BikerBob
Community Member

With 1Pwd 4 open and running, out of nowhere this huge 1Pwd vault icon randomly appears:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhdq3k938cj61sl/Screenshot 2013-10-05 11.00.56.JPG

Any way to get rid of this???

Thank you.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi @BikerBob,

You have the older 1Password 3 extension installed and running in your browser, you'll need to uninstall it.

After you uninstall the older extension, install the 1Password 4 extension by opening the main 1Password app, and go to the 1Password Menu > Install Browser Extensions.

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike and thanks for responding.

Sorry, but I can't dope out the instructions.
    I quit 1PWD 4 and 1PWD mini.
    I go to a login page and enter an email and a pwd.
    The next step says: Click the 1Password key button, then click the + button
    But, I have quit 1PWD 4 and 1PWD mini so there's no + button on which to click.
    To reach this plus button, I therefore open the Safari 1PWD extension but when I do, it's the new extension and there is no + button.
    (BTW, when I check my Safari extensions, I see that I am indeed running 1PWD 4.0.0.)
    WHAT am I missing here?

• Hi @BikerBob,

Wow, that's strange. It sounds like there are still some components of the older extension running in Safari. The new 1Password 4 extension have no UI anymore, it's all powered by 1Password mini, which definitely does not that HTML unlock screen anymore.

Can you reboot your Mac and see if that'll clear it up?

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Will do so momentarily and get right back to you

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

(That took awhile; downloading map updates from Garmin, who must have the world's slowest server.)

OK. Restarted, but that oversized icon persists. Are there any more suggestions I might try?

Delete and reinstall 1PWD?

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

I am assuming the site's down on Sunday, so when it's up and running next, could you/someone offer some suggestions for a next step in my efforts to get rid of the aforementioned icon which keeps popping up? Many thanks.

• Hi @BikerBob,

Try this:

1. Close Safari
    2. Open a Finder window and select Go to Folder from the Go menu. Type this in the input field and then press Return: ~/Library/Safari/Extensions/. Make sure you don't forget the beginning ~ character.
    3. In that folder, delete all the related 1Password files here, all ending with .safariextz.

After that, restart Safari, confirm there's no 1Password key or anything like that. Make sure there's nothing popping up either in 5-10 minutes of browsing either.

After that, install the 1Password 4 extension again by opening the main 1Password app and going to the 1Password's menu > Install Browser Extension.

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Your the man, Mike.

That did it on both my iMac and MacBook Air. For which, thank you very much!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's excellent, @BikerBob! On behalf of @MikeT, you're most welcome!

This discussion has been closed.