Backup of 1Password 4....

mrstucci
mrstucci
Community Member

Hi again-I have 1Password 4 for my Mac backing up to Dropbox but I keep getting a message that Backup has failed. In checking, though, it is backing up just fine to Dropbox. So I am confused. I was looking at some help files and saw that there was an example showing that 1Password was set up to backup to Dropbox, iCloud and a folder. How do I enable iCloud backup? I can't see how to add that feature. So I guess I have 2 questions about backing up-what's this message about that I keep getting about Backup failed.... And how do I setup iCloud backup? Or a folder backup? Thanks again for your time and you wonderful app! Judy

Comments

• Jesper
    Jesper
    Community Member

Preferences->Sync, Click on Change Syncing..., Click on Disable Sync. Now you can choose iCloud, Dropbox or a folder of your choice.

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member

Ok. Saw that but I was hoping to be able to backup to iCloud AND Dropbox but apparently that's not an option. Or I am doing something wrong.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, Judy (@mrstucci).

What @Jesper implied about 1P4 only supporting one sync service at a time is correct. In Multiple Sync, @MikeT wrote:

We are planning to keep it consistent between iOS and Mac, and likely to turn off the support in the iOS app as well to keep it one sync method at a time.

If interested, also see his recent followup (#6) in that topic.

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member

Ok. I can live with that. Just really wanted to make sure I was not misunderstanding something. Have a great weekend! Judy

This discussion has been closed.