Cannot find iCloud data

Adwiz
Adwiz
Community Member

I was using 1Password 3 without issues for some time. Just updated to 1Password 4. On my Mac Pro, everything went swimmingly. I changed the syncing from Dropbox to iCloud. It works fine and syncs to my iPhone.

On my 17" MacBook Pro, it's a different story. I deleted 1Password 3, including all data, to make sure there were no issues. When I launch 1Password 4, it asks me to select between new user and existing. I select existing. Then it asks me to select the method used for syncing. I select iCloud. It tells me it can't find 1Password data on iCloud.

When I look at iCloud, it shows 1Password as "one password" with no icon and shows a 4.9Mb data file.

So what gives, and how do I resolve this to actually run 1Password4 on my MacBook?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @Adwiz.

I noticed your followup post: here. Have you resolved the problem with 1P4 using iCloud Sync on your MBP? If not, it may be easiest to start over there, ensuring that your current 1Password data from iCloud is available. I've described how to do that in: this post.

When I look at iCloud, it shows 1Password as "one password" with no icon and shows a 4.9Mb data file.

Where exactly are you seeing that? Also, had you previously been Dropbox Sync with 1P3 on your MBP?

This discussion has been closed.