Keychain location?

Options
rt2014
rt2014
Community Member

Hey all,

So far I'm liking the upgrade, nice work! One question I have is where the heck is the keychain itself stored? When I installed 4 I said I was an existing user and just pointed it at my keychain, but as far as I can tell it didn't copy it anywhere it's just using that file, and when I look at the Sync prefs it is in fact point to that file.

So is that it, or is it hidden somewhere? I don't really want it to use that file because it was just copied there for backup/import purposes, I fully expected it to just import it and create a new one somewhere..

I just want to make sure that I'm including the correct keyfile in my backups..

Thanks!

-RT

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @rt2014. Glad you're liking 1P4; thanks for the kind words!

1P4 vaults are stored in a single SQLite database, currently "hidden" under user home folders here:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/OnePassword.sqlite

Other MAS apps also store user data under ~/Library/Containers so it's smart having a backup of that entire folder hierarchy. Smarter having at least one full home folder backup and preferably of the entire system. As "they" say, you can never have too many backups. :)

• rt2014
    rt2014
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, cool!

Time Machine to a NAS which is also backed up locally, and goes to Crash Plan! I'm not losing data! :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.