Convert an item from one Category to another

Options
sovanbu
sovanbu
Community Member
edited March 2013 in iOS

Is there a way to edit an existing login, say for my email, and make it show as a "Email Login" instead of just a "Login"?

If that sounds confusing I'm talking about the new Login Types that were added in 1 Password 4 (I.E. Wireless Router, Email, Membership, Outdoor License, Server)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Right now there is not a way to convert one item type to another. The data is completely different, so there wouldn't be an obvious way to convert each field to another item type. We'll see what we can come up with in the future, though. :)

• ahortin
    ahortin
    Community Member
    Options

Would love to have the ability to convert items to different types. With 1Password 4 you've removed the FTP Server type. Now all my FTP Accounts that I've setup are showing up in the same list with all my regular logins and it makes it real messy to find find things now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ahortin,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the new Category structure. I've passed along your feedback to our developers. I know that refinements to Categories are planned, I'll add your vote for FTP server accounts :)

• BobH
    BobH
    Community Member
    Options

In case there is a vote, please add me to that wish!

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

Now there are these wonderful new categories, I too, would really like to be able to move Items. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mark!

We've heard this request before, and we're looking into ways to make it happen. Unfortunately, because each type of item currently has specific fields, it's not quite a one-click fix. Still we've got some pretty talented developers here, so anything is possible.

I'll add your vote for that feature, and BobH's to the custom category request :)

This discussion has been closed.