Emulate Bluetooth LE keyboard with iOS7?

Options
ve6yeq
ve6yeq
Community Member

Hi All,

I am just wondering if it would be possible to use an iOS device with iOS 7 that supports bluetooth LE to emulate a Bluetooth LE keyboard such that you could use 1Password on an iOS device to enter complex passwords into password fields such as OS X login screen or the full disk encryption password entry that work with bluetooth keyboards but do not allow 1Password for Mac to run.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

CraigN

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

hi @ve6yeq,

Good question! I admit, I'm going to have to check in with some of our tech gurus to get a proper answer for that.

However, whenever people talk about complex passwords on iOS, I like to mention this particularly helpful blogpost about a password solution called Diceware. The article discusses how to create great passwords using random words (which are both easier to remember and type!) If you haven't read it, I highly suggest it. It could make password typing slightly less painful for you :)

• ve6yeq
    ve6yeq
    Community Member
    Options

The issue with creating passwords with random words is that the password cracking techniques are catching up to that (see http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/10/how-the-bible-and-youtube-are-fueling-the-next-frontier-of-password-cracking for example). So in cases where passwords do not have to travel over the wire and hence OTP techniques are not mandatory, I was thinking about something like the long static passwords available from a yubikey but it would be nice to have one less thing to carry.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ve6yeq,

I've checked with our tech gurus on your original question, and at this time, while it is technically possible, it's not an area we are focussing development on. It is an intriguing thought though!

This discussion has been closed.