Custom icons not syncing from iCloud

Options
byronbrewer
byronbrewer
Community Member
edited October 2013 in iOS

Just purchased 1Password for Mac and iOS today. I migrated all of my logins from DataVault by hand and created custom icons for all of my logins that didn't pull them in automatically. None of the custom icons are coming over to my iOS devices via iCloud sync.

Is that expected behavior?

• OSX 10.9 GM + 1Password 4.0 (400200)
  • iOS 7.0.2 + 1Password 4.2.7

Comments

• That's expected right now. 1Password for iOS needs to be updated to support custom icons.

See: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16257/app-icons-not-correctly-syncing-from-mac-to-ios

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Thnx.

• You're welcome! I'm looking forward to having my custom icons on iOS as well!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @byronbrewer,

Glad you were able to sort out the icon question (thanks for the help @JasperP) - I can't wait to see them in iOS either! :)

• Thomas Danylczuk
    Thomas Danylczuk
    Community Member
    Options

So I am to assume that I won't be able to automatically import my data from datavault if I purchase 1 password?

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Fyi, this is the response I recieved from support via email.

At the moment importing data from other applications into 1Password 4 is not possible. While I'm unable to tell you when more import options are going to be available again, I can assure you that they're coming.

For now I have a workaround that should accomplish what you need:

1. Download the free 1Password 3 for Mac trial version from our website and install it on your Mac: https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/mac/1Password-3.8.20.zip

2. Open 1Password 3 and use its import tool, which you can find by clicking 'File » Import…', to transfer the data from to 1Password 3.

3. In the menu bar select 'File » Export All » 1Password Interchange File…' and export the data to your desktop.

4. Close 1Password 3 and open 1Password 4.

5. In 1Password 4 select 'File » Import…' and select the file you have just saved to your desktop.

6. Check that the data has been imported successfully into 1Password 4 and then delete the interchange file.

7. If not needed anymore uninstall 1Password by following these instructions: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/uninstall.html

Furthermore I would recommend making a backup of the data from the original application, in your case DataVault, to be on the safe side.

• Jasper
    edited October 2013
    Options

Thomas Danylczuk & @byronbrewer:

The latest update, 4.0.2, added support for CSV import. All you will need to do is export your data from Datavault to a CSV file, and then go to File > Import in 1Password 4 and select the .csv option.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, just wanted to add an update here:

1Password 4.3 for iOS is out, and it supports custom icons. :)

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed that it does work w/ the updated iOS app. Thnx.

This discussion has been closed.