Adding multiple items to another vault?

Options
Mr. K.
Mr. K.
Community Member

Is there a way to add multiple items to another vault? I seem to only be able to add them one at a time. That's not efficient.

Comments

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

I found I can export and import to the other vault. What I really want is a way to share some secure notes with my wife. Another vault doesn't seem to be the solution. So how do I share with another person, and retain the ability to update info and have the info update for the other person?

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

I realize now that I could just create and edit shared secure notes in the second vault which I share with my wife, and not maintain the same notes in my primary vault, but what I need then is to give her viewing privileges only and not the ability to edit the notes. Is there a way to do that?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

but what I need then is to give her viewing privileges only and not the ability to edit the notes. Is there a way to do that?

No there is not, well that I am aware of anyway

• We absolutely love the shared vaults, as you have time look them over if your interested and decide further. I save things like that for a good rainy day.
  • Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a wish list to add this to?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

The staff do get to each and every post/topic when they are not so uber busy. Sadly they are working some looong hours.

cc/ @megan @sjk can you accommodate adding the feature request, for review.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mr. K.

Thanks for the feedback, and I do apologize for the delay in response - as @thightower mentioned, we have been rather busy since the launch of 1Password 4, but we're all putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses - your patience is much appreciated!

Currently, as you discovered, exporting and importing is the most efficient way to transfer multiple items to a new vault. We are certainly working on improving this and making it more user-friendly in the future. As far as shared vaults go, right now each user does have full read and write access. I will certainly pass along your suggestion though to have some entries write-protected. If you do have any further questions about vaults, or 1Password in general, we'd be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.