Submit Logins does not work in Chrome

greg2222
greg2222
Community Member

Hi,

I installed 1password 4 for Mac today but 'Submit Logins' option does not work. When I am in Chrome, click on the 1pass icon (the little key), select a login (e.g. facebook) and click on it. Now the facebook page opens BUT I am not automatically logged in even though the option is enabled. In safari, this works flawlessly.

Thanks!

Comments

• mcescher
    mcescher
    Community Member

I have the exact same issue. See here for more info from Console App:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16466/username-password-is-not-filled-in-chrome

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @greg2222.

What you described can be, but isn't always, a symptom of Chrome not being installed in the /Applications folder. Please try moving it there if it isn't; 1P4 can have issues when it's installed elsewhere. My related post has a bit more info about that.

Hi, @mcescher.

I see you've been getting help with your issue (alas, not caused by Chrome not being in /Applications) in that other topic you created about it so let's keep further followups about it there. Thanks!

• airfoil
    airfoil
    Community Member

I know this issue is popping up all over these boards. Here is my situation:

Mac OS X 10.8.5
    Chrome Version 30.0.1599.69
    1P4 Extension v 4.0.0.23
    1P4 Version 4.0 (400200)

Previous v3 extension was deleted.

No Sophos, VPN or proxy. Chrome is in /Applications.

I also downloaded 1PasswordAutosubmit.pkg as suggested in another thread, ran and restarted.

Still, the extension will not autofill ANY fields on any site. At all. Switching browsers is a non-starter for me.

End result is that the upgrade has more or less made 1Password useless for my day-to-day work. Is there anything in the works that might correct this behavior?

• MDIWade
    MDIWade
    Community Member

Same problem here in chrome and Safari. Mini opens, nothing fills out. I quit mini and it restarted on its own when I hit the shortcut

Until this is fixed 1pasword has become almost non functional.

• +1

• MDIWade
    MDIWade
    Community Member

I did restarted my machine and all is working. Hopefully this is the easy permanent fix, I was a bit worried there for bit. :)

• Hi guys,

@MDIWade:

I did restarted my machine and all is working. Hopefully this is the easy permanent fix, I was a bit worried there for bit.

That's great, it sounds like the 1Password mini was experiencing an issue connecting to the extension that could only be fixed via a reboot.

@airfoil

End result is that the upgrade has more or less made 1Password useless for my day-to-day work. Is there anything in the works that might correct this behavior?

I'm sorry to hear about that. In every cases that we dealt with this, it is almost always a third party factor. Majority of folks upgraded without issues but those who did, often have issues because something's interfering with the connection between 1Password extension and 1Password mini.

First, try rebooting the Mac. If that doesn't work, then see if anything in this article narrows it down. If nothing helps, please email us your diagnostic report and also include a link here with your forum name, so we can connect the dots.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.