firefox extension will not download, i get an error message that says:

Options
santerineross
santerineross
Community Member

error message says :addon could not be downloaded because of a connection error at agilebits.com
how do i solve this?
thanks
John

Comments

• santerineross
    santerineross
    Community Member
    Options

error message says :addon could not be downloaded because of a connection error at agilebits.com how do i solve this? thanks John

• John, I tried to install it in Firefox 24 and went fine:

Please give it another try. If you still see this error, please try to take a screenshot of it. Thank you!

• santerineross
    santerineross
    Community Member
    Options

just upgraded to firefox 24 but i still get the same error message , any ideas ?

• santerineross
    santerineross
    Community Member
    Options

and its not the installing i cant even get it to download to my desktop.

• santerineross
    santerineross
    Community Member
    Options

how do i sent you the pic of the desktop?

• Hi @santerineross,

Try downloading the .xpi file using Safari on your Mac. Once you have it installed, open Firefox, go to the Tools Menu > Add-ons > Extensions.

On the Extensions page, look for the gear icon next to the search field and click on it to select Install Add-on From File.

From there, select the .xpi file you downloaded through Safari, and it should work now.

• GaryP
    GaryP
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having this problem trying to install the extension on Firefox 26 after upgrading (?) to 1Password4. I continually get the "connection error at agilebits" message. I have been able to install the extension on Safari (I think) but can not use that file to install it on Firefox...says the file is corrupted. Suggestions?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GaryP,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble installing the 1Password Firefox extension. If you're getting a message that the file is corrupted, let's try downloading a fresh copy here.

I hope this works, but please let me know if you're still having difficulties!

This discussion has been closed.