Trying to justify cost of upgrade from 3 to 4 - has a more granular password structure been added

Options
dariuspoli
dariuspoli
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user for a number of years and use it daily. I use it on my Mac and iPhone. I find it so useful I am often raving about it being one of the must have utilities to people and at least 4 people have bought it due to my recommendations. One of the most useful features is the Dropbox syncing but I now find I have to upgrade to keep that feature, at the exorbitant price of £40 for both Mac and iPhone!

Before I do, I would like to know if you have added a feature in v4 that I have been wanting for a long time. If not, I will just live without the DB syncing because that alone is not worth the cost to me.

In v4, can you now set security password per entry - this is more of a Mac requirement where 1P integrates with the browser. For example, for the majority of websites, I would like to use 1P without a password. For others, I may want a simple password to unlock 1P, where it can then stay unlocked for a configurable amount of time, and for others still (like banking sites) I would need to enter the password each time.

Is this level of granularity available and if not, is it planned?

Comments

• Hi @dariuspoli,

No but we've done it in a different way. In 1Password 4, we've added support for multiple vaults. In this case, you just put all of your sensitive data in a different vault encrypted with a different password. You then use a different secondary vault to store the daily stuff that you can switch between.

Here's what it looks like in your browser to switch the vault:

Note that the primary vault will unlock all of the secondary vaults, so you have to make sure you unlock daily vault first, not the primary vault.

The only gotcha right now, is that the iOS app does not support multiple vaults. We will add it there but I don't know when exactly. For now, you don't have to upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac at all, 1Password 4 for iOS will sync via Dropbox to 1Password 3 for Mac.

This discussion has been closed.