How can this happen?

Options
mozart11
mozart11
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

So, I've had 1PW MAS version working to iPhone 5 with 1PW app 4.3 ever since @mikebore solved this in this thread http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/89249/#Comment_89249

I work on one main iMac and syncing has been fine. I wanted to update my other computer with Mavericks, also using 1PW 4 but I haven't turned the computer on for a week or more. I needed my Apple ID password - so I fired up 1PW4. It had the old password and all the records I had deleted which I mentioned in the thread above. SO I waited a bit for the sync to take place. I checked 1PW4 preferences and it said it had synced - and then I watched as the number of records kept going up in 1PW4. It was putting all the old records back on with old passwords.

So I quit 1PW immediately, turned off network. Opened 1PW - and yup, old Apple PW is back in, 30-40 old records I Deleted days ago installed BACK into.

I opened my iPhone to 1PW and yes, watched as records started coming back in - old passwords and all - HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?

Now why would this computer 1PW4, not having been opened or synced to iCloud for so long - NOT sync with most up to date data on iCloud? But update iCloud with OLD data?

And for now you know what has saved me? I had put 90% of my passwords in the Mavericks keychain. I had to get it from there for Apple.

The frustration of this release of 1PW4 AB, as this so many threads here attest to - how does 1PW4 update newer data with old data?

How do I get the most current data BACK onto iCloud so I can USE 1PW?

This is absolutely insane. Such sensitive data we commit to 1PW & trust it to work and all this goes on. If I didn't save passwords to Safari Keychain in Mavericks…?

I really can't believe what has taken place with this release. So now I have 1PW on my iPhone and 1PW on my main computer with old data put back into it.

My main computer and iPhone have been working since @mikebore came up with a solution that AB couldn't. I'm at a loss on how 1PW users have been reamed with this update.

I now have an iPhone and main computer with worthless old data and old data put onto iCloud. Amazing.

Comments

• 55DS
    55DS
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, this release is pretty absurd. After at least a week of messing around after upgrading, I think I have finally got everything back & syncing. But this was completely ridiculous.

• mozart11
    mozart11
    Community Member
    Options

Since posting this I've been trying to get all my stuff back. Using backups, having to switch back to older iPhone app. I deleted the iCloud 1PW stuff, Restored from backup to the iMac 1PW. SO I got the correct 307 records back with PW's. Reenabled iCloud sync on iMac - watch it sync.

Back to iPhone, the 1PW app now says nothing on iCloud. I go through everything again. Re-sync - launch iPhone 1PW - same.

So I go the downgrade to 2.4.3 1PW app, Retry the whole thing over again and get Could not enable iCloud - Failed to load profile. This is totally new - never got this ever before.

So now I'm trying to use Dropbox and going through this setup to see if I can get it to work that way.

This has been two hours since I posted this thread. The add all my previous hours of trying to get iPW4 MAS to work, this is insane. NOW add all the cumulative hours of ALL the 1PW customers just trying to get their 1PW purchase/upgrade to work!! AB should be so embarrassed of their release. I've been using 1PW for years and looked forward to 4, as I think everyone else did and we have all be shafted. Just reading this forum is amazing, and it's amazing AB hasn't pulled the release unit they fix this software train wreck instead of just adding more buyers to the massive list of users that the software doesn't work for. And it's amazing, the users o this forum have more answers and solutions than any of the AB people.

This nightmare of software deserves a refund to everyone.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mozart11,

I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having with this upgrade. I'd also like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

You're right, It certainly should not be such a process to get your data sorted into the new app. If you are still having any difficulty, we'd love to help. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report so we can better sort this out?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.