1PW mini not filling in un/pw

davidn
davidn
Community Member

No matter which browser or site, the new 1PW mini in v4 is not acting like the equivalent feature in 3.x, sadly.

Not even here on the AB site. I clicked the status bar icon for Mini, selected the correct login and got the login page. Username/password were note entered. Clicked on the entry in mini again and fields were filled but discussions site rejected it. Next try, only password filled in. Went back to manual copy/paste and logged in.

This happens across lots of web sites, irregular behavior regarding filling in login information. Again, used to work fine in 3.x and all I did was upgrade to v4.

Wrote to customer service days ago and rec'd an apology for the delay email but nothing since. Sorry to see such a worthwhile product having such a difficult upgrade. Best wishes to the no doubt suffering AB crew. Hope to see an update in the MAS soon to repair this and other bugs reported here in the discussions.

Comments

• lawrence36
    lawrence36
    Community Member

This has been an unpleasant experience. The whole process is tedious and prone to error, especially by me. Safari won't install the extension, firefox and chrome have the new extensions installed but will not autofill. I'm at a loss to understand how agilbits could bungle this after being so easy before 1pw4. I'll have to go back toe version 3, I just can't afford any more waste time trying to get a fix.

• michaelglass
    michaelglass
    Community Member

looks like http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16785/1password-chrome-extension-4-0-0-23-login-sometimes-doesn-t-work

Here's my issue:

using multiple profiles, chrome 30.0.1599.69, Mac 10.9.0, 1PW Version 4.0.2 (402002), Chrome extension 4.0.1.99

When I have only one 1password entry for a site, shortcut works like a charm
    When I have multiple entries, the menu drops down from 1password mini. I select one and hit "enter". Nothing happens!

• Hi guys,

@davidn:

I clicked the status bar icon for Mini, selected the correct login and got the login page. Username/password were note entered. Clicked on the entry in mini again and fields were filled but discussions site rejected it.

I know you said it didn't matter which browser, but we released an update to the Firefox extension that'd fix this issue. Could you try again in Firefox and if not, can you visit the sites manually first in the browser and then invoke 1Password to fill in, does it fill in? If yes, did it work properly on other sites beside the discussions site here?

@lawrence36:

Safari won't install the extension, firefox and chrome have the new extensions installed but will not autofill. I'm at a loss to understand how agilbits could bungle this after being so easy before 1pw4.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. Can you tell me exactly what happened when Safari try to install it, was there an error?

As for Chrome/Firefox, can you follow the list here and see if you can narrow the cause down? We found the majority of the reported issues to be a third party interfering with the 1Password mini's connection to the extension and we listed most of them on that list.

@michaelglass:

using multiple profiles, chrome 30.0.1599.69, Mac 10.9.0, 1PW Version 4.0.2 (402002), Chrome extension 4.0.1.99

Yea, we're currently investigating the issue with multiple profiles, we're not sure what's going on yet. It's not consistently but I've been able to get it to not fill when there are two separate profiles being opened via Chrome but if it is just a single profile, it seems to work better.

Can you confirm the same experience by fully closing Chrome and only opening one profile, does 1Password work better?

This discussion has been closed.