Need Plugin Button/Mechanism To Get Plaintext Password

SAMIAM
SAMIAM
Community Member

In the version 3 plugin you could simply click "edit" and see the plaintext password. This is occasionally useful for a variety of reasons. Now to get that you either have to copy and then paste it into something like Textedit. Or the teeth-pulling exercise of edit, launch the app, click on the password to reveal it, click cancel, close the app, go back to the browser.

I kind of miss all the functionality of the old plugin. Being passed off to the app to make an edit, even if it takes but a moment, is kind of annoying.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@samiam

Does pressing the option key not allow you to see the password, once its released it conceals again. This should work in the extensions as well so long as you are not using the anchor feature. Seems like the Anchor feature breaks this functionality as when you anchor the item it looses contact with the app.

• SAMIAM
    SAMIAM
    Community Member

Indeed it does! I never would have thought of that. Thanks.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Its one of those hidden little gems, I remember when on of the staff mentioned it so long ago in v3 maybe even the v3 betas. I was alike wait what say that again.

Glad to help out.

• Hi @SAMIAM,

In addition to holding down the option key, you can also hover over the password and click on the down arrow to select Reveal.

You can also turn it off completely via the View Menu > Conceal Passwords.

This discussion has been closed.