If do not place the Browser at /Applications, 1Password 4.0 Extension does not working.

Options
NAGARA
NAGARA
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

I place a Chrome.app and Firefox.app to ~/Applications.
In this case, New 1Password 4.0 extension does not working!!

Work-around is to put the Browser.app in /Applications.

I hope that this problem will be resolved future.

Thanks.

Comments

• kdeen
    kdeen
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. Moving the chrome app to /Applications seems to 'fix' the problem. Continues to work after a reboot.

Thanks.

• edwardloveall
    edwardloveall
    Community Member
    Options

That worked for me too. Thank's @nagara!

• Hi guys,

Good catch, it looks like this will only affect those who are using 1Password at the Mac App Store, not the website version for now. The sandboxing is likely preventing us from the processes listed in ~/Applications. For now, there isn't a way around this and the browsers do have to be in /Applications.

We'll investigate for a solution.

Thanks for reporting this!

• JLoop
    JLoop
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm. Could someone please explain the difference between ~/Applications and /Applications? Also, I'm noticing 1P4 does not automatically offer to save new logins for me, even the new login I just had to create to join this forum. Is that normal? Thanks!

• edwardloveall
    edwardloveall
    Community Member
    Options

@JLoop, the difference is the ~/ means your home folder. For example, /Users/JLoop/

So for example, /Applictions is on the root of your hard drive. ~/Applications is somewhere like /Users/JLoop/Applications

Doest that make sense?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

the difference is the ~/ means your home folder. For example, /Users/JLoop/

So for example, /Applications is on the root of your hard drive. ~/Applications is somewhere like /Users/JLoop/Applications

The folder ~/Applications may not exist. You can create it yourself, and maybe put somw applications in it. Some installers will put the application they install into it, and even create it, if you install for one user only.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

And here's an archived Apple article about pathnames, etc.:

Mac OS: About Folders, Directories, and Pathnames

… with a Special abbreviations: the Home directory (~/) and root directory (/) section near the end.

• NAGARA
    NAGARA
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT, @sjk and guys,

Thanks your response. Glad to be of some help.

I wish this problem to be fixed.
    If there's any progress please tell.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @NAGARA.

Currently item 4 in 1Password won't fill in my data, why?:

• Browser app files: If you’re using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, please ensure that your browser app files is located in the /Applications, not in your Home > Applications (~/Application) folder.

If you haven't heard otherwise (e.g. in release notes) you'll know it's fixed when that's gone. :)

• dstell
    dstell
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm having the same problem but do not know how to get Safari into the /Applications folder. thanks for any help

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Safari should already be in /Applications, unless you have managed to do something really weird. Other browsers might well not be there.

• Hi @dstell,

How do you open Safari?

If on the Dock, hold the command key on your keyboard and then click on the Safari app on your Dock, it should open in Finder with Safari.app selected. Right-click on that Safari.app and select Get Info. On Top, it should say Where: /Applications.

If it is then, your issue is not related to the location. Please read this article to narrow down where you issue might be.

This discussion has been closed.