Tried Web Store ver., then bought from MAS. Now what?

Options
bobbyco
bobbyco
Community Member

I downloaded the trial version from your Web Store. I like, so I bought through my preferred choice of the MAS. I didn't care about the data as I was testing so I completely uninstalled the Web Store version, Downloaded the MAS ver. (no 4 in the name). I'm not sure what to do now. I start 1P, go to Preferences, messages indicate I'm in a "secondary" vault and need to switch to Primary vault. Do I have stray settings from the demo? Thanks for any help/guidance.

Comments

• bobbyco
    bobbyco
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still hoping for some guidance please. I completely uninstalled the Web Store version. I have figured out that when I load the MAS version, 1P thinks I have a secondary vault active. In the File menu all of the vault related items are grayed out. Also, in Preferences if I click to enable Mini in the Menu Bar, no key icon appears. I should add, I also deleted the Safari extensions in case that mattered.

• bobbyco
    bobbyco
    Community Member
    Options

I should have noted, when I installed from MAS, I didn't get the start screen showing New/Used before.

• bobbyco
    bobbyco
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, TGIF - me=dumba$$. I was clicking the red light to close the intro rather than the Lets Get Started button which I just saw. sorry.

• Hi @bobbyco,

No worries, I'm glad you got it. I assume everything's working now? Do you recall if you disabled the 1Password mini in the trial version in the 1Password Menu > Preferences > General before you migrated to the Mac App Store version of 1Password?

If not, can you reboot and then open up Activity Monitor from your Applications > Utilities folder, scan for mini, is there only one 1Password mini process running?

This discussion has been closed.