Feature request: Restoration of lock/unlock SFX

Options
1pw80
1pw80
Community Member

The lock and unlock sounds were reassurance that your 1pw data is secure, and it would be nice to see their return, perhaps as an option for those who prefer silent operation.

Comments

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

Please accept my vote for this too.

• Thank you for the feedback!

• iklock
    iklock
    Community Member
    Options

May I please add my vote for that also. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

vote added, @iklock

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Also, the lock icon now looks locked when 1P is unlocked and unlocked when 1P is locked. The behavior in 1P 3 was better. (The icon looked unlocked when 1P was unlocked and there was an "Unlock" button when 1P was locked.)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @DavidB.

If you mean the toolbar padlock icon, there's a bit of exchange between myself and @MikeT about that: here. His short version: "it's an action button, not a status". Thanks for sharing your opinion about it. :)

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

sjk wrote:

If you mean the toolbar padlock icon, there's a bit of exchange between myself and @MikeT about that: here. His short version: "it's an action button, not a status".

Yes, but in 1P 1, 2 and 3, it was a status as well as an action button (as it is, for example, in Keychain Access). Why was there a need to change that?

• stickypip
    stickypip
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again, none of the above explains the logic of why the lock/unlock sound in 1Password 4 was removed. The companion 1Password iteration in Windows 1.0.9.337 and previous has the sound. Keychain lock/unlock has the sound in OS 10.8.5 and previous. Please therefore add my vote to "return the sound."

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stickypip,

I'll pass along your feedback to our developers. :)

• Hi @stickeypip,

We didn't remove the sounds, we just didn't implement it. 1Password 4 is rebuilt from the ground up, so everything in it is new. Any missing features from 1Password 3 just means we need time to reimplement it.

This discussion has been closed.