Lost Password

Options
parekh
parekh
Community Member

A few days ago I changed the password for my bank's website (login item) using the iPhone app. I manually edited the password field (changed a few characters), and I also copy-pasted the old password into the notes field. Today, when I tried to look up my password on my Mac, the password field had completely disappeared (it was blank). Luckily I was able to recover my password by looking at the old password that I saved in the notes field and by recollecting the changes that I made.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @parekh,

I'm sorry to hear about this! Losing a password is certainly not fun, I'm so glad to hear that you were able to re-create it.

There was a bug awhile ago that did something similar to this with generated passwords. I'm wondering, would you be willing to do a bit of detective work and see if you can re-create this error? Create a dummy Login entry, and follow the same steps you did with your bank login. If you see the same error, please report back with a detailed list of the steps you took. (We'll need to be able to recreate it our end in order to make any significant progress towards tracking it down.)

Thanks for your help :)

This discussion has been closed.