1Password 4.0.5 web store update available

Options
mgshoutman
mgshoutman
Community Member

I just saw that 1Password 4.0.5 is available through the web store. Yet 1Password 4.0.2 (web store) does not show any update to 4.0.5 through Sparkle ? Any insights here ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

The beta version recently switched updating system:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/17227/new-1password-4-beta-4-0-4-beta-6-manual-installation-required-link-included#latest

I'm guessing they applied the same system to stable. My suggestion is to backup your data (including the actual application) and download 4.0.5 and replace the old version manually.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If I check on updates from the release version 4.0.2 from the web store, I am told that I have the most up-to-date version.

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    Options

@Xe997 I think somebody at Agile forgot to hit the update button :) I better wait here for official info...

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

And I'm back already to report that I just got notice automatically to update to 4.0.5.

• kevkwas
    kevkwas
    Community Member
    Options

How do I update 1Password 4 if i bought it from App store, I am on Version 4.0.3 and notice 4.0.5 is out. Running iMac with Maverick.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know what version is the latest on the Mac App Store, but if you open the MAS application, it has a tab for updates. 1Password updates will show there, just like any other updated application you obtain by that route.

• kevkwas
    kevkwas
    Community Member
    Options

The one you get from the App store does not have tab to update, and if i download it from this site, it is in demo mode again

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013
    Options

1Password 4.0.5 has been submitted to the Mac App Store and will be available there soon, but as of this writing it isn't available as an update there just yet.

Thanks for your patience as we also wait for Apple to post it there ourselves. :)

If you are still not being prompted to update to 4.0.5 in the website version of 1Password by tomorrow, please let us know.

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    Options

Since 45 minutes it is possible to download the 4.0.5 web store version through Sparkle

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up to let us know things are working well for you!

This discussion has been closed.