Mavericks

I installed Mavericks, and now 1Password cannot find its datafile. Where will it be located and what is it called. I do not have a 1Password folder in the Library/Application Support folder.

Comments

• Soloo
    Soloo
    Community Member

Did you had sync activated before (icloud or dropbox)? Then the file should be located somewhere there.

• kendaniels
    kendaniels
    Community Member

no I do not believe I did.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kendaniels,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties since upgrading to Mavericks. I think the easiest way to solve this is to have you send in a Diagnostics Report. It should give us the location of your data file. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/ms/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• kendaniels
    kendaniels
    Community Member

ok, I followed your instructions and sent the email.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much @kendaniels,

We'll follow up with you there so things don't get confused between here and there :)

• kendaniels
    kendaniels
    Community Member

I went ahead and upgraded to V4. Seemed to have solved my problems so I am ok for now. You can cancel my previous requests

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @kendaniels.

After looking at the report you sent for 1P 3.8.21 I'm not quite sure how upgrading to 1P4 resolved the specific problem you were having but it's great that it did! :)

If you still have any issues please start a new topic. I'll close this one now since it's been resolved; thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.