How can i get my Data in iOS Version 3

Options
Sir_Vikon
Sir_Vikon
Community Member

Hi, i am using 1Password4 for Mac and last week i deleted my 1Password3 from my iphone. Now i can't get my Data from my Mac in my iPhone. I will buy 1Password4 for iOS if its on sale for 10€ but don't want spend more the third time in the last two Years for an iOS Version.

Any conclusions?

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi @Sir_Vikon,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble transferring your data to 1Password 3 for iOS. Lets see what we can do.

So, I'm sorry to say that currently 1Password 4 for Mac can't sync to 1Password 3 for iOS directly. That said, you have a couple options moving forward:

1. As you mentioned, you can purchase 1Password 4 for iOS. This will let you sync through a number of different options such as iCloud, Dropbox, or Wifi sync. While 1Password 4 for iOS is not currently on sale, we do have sales often - so stay tuned :)

2. Another option is to install 1Password 3 for Mac alongside 1Password 4 for Mac (keeping them in sync through Dropbox or a different folder), and then use the Wifi sync feature of 1Password 3 for Mac to sync to 1Password 3 for iOS. Basically you would use 1Password 4 for Mac for all your daily use, and then launch up 1Password 3 for Mac to sync with 1Password 3 for iOS.

To learn more about the folder sync in 1Password 4 for Mac to keep it and 1Password 3 for Mac in sync, have a read through this guide:
    http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Features/Sync/folder.html

For setting up Wifi sync between 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 3 for iOS, take a look at this guide:
    http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/sync_to_mac_manually.html

You can download a copy of 1Password 3 from:
    http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/legacy_versions.html

Let us know if that works for you!

• Sir_Vikon
    Sir_Vikon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Meek,

many thanks. I will do the workaround with Password 3 for Mac OS. And on the next sale, i will buy me 1password 4 for iOS :)

• Sir_Vikon
    Sir_Vikon
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Sorry, me again. I can't have 1Password 3 alongside Version 4. If i open 1password3 it will automatically launch Version 4 :( Is there a trick to install both Verisons?

EDIT: Okay i have it. I renamed 1Password in 1Password 3 and then it launches. So i will put my Data now on the iPhone (Version3) and hope, that there will be a sale soon ;)

• Meek
    Options

Hey @Sir_Vikon,

Sorry to hear about the trouble installing 1Password 3. The best way to install it alongside 1Password 4 would be to create a "1Password 3" folder in your Applications folder and put the 1Password.app for 1Password 3 in there. Then, try double-clicking this 1Password.app - does it launch 1Password 3 instead now?

Hi @yyteoh, I'm really sorry to hear about the disappointment with 1Password. Thank you for your feedback - we are always looking for ways to improve the 1Password experience and love hearing our customer's opinions! If there is anything specific we can help you with, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.