NOT happy with 1Password 4 for Mac

Options
helpmehelpu
helpmehelpu
Community Member

Running OS X 10.9 (13A603) Mavericks and 1Password 4 Version 4.0.5 (405002), I mostly use Safari and Chrome, all latest versions with 1Password browser extensions installed.

I am really NOT happy with 1Password 4 for Mac. I have used 1Password since I bought my first Macs in 2009 and have been generally very happy. But this version--NO THANKS!

For reasons completely unclear to me, it does (or does not do) things I would expect are simple, basic and easy. For example, when filling in username and password info on certain websites that don't work with 1Password (i.e. TDBank.com), 1Password should permit me to right click within the login info from the browser extension and copy the PW and UN but it doesn't.

Also, I just filled in (manually) a PW and UN and 1Password did NOT offer to save the log-in info, despite the fact that in 1Password Preferences "Automatically ask to save new Logins" is checked.

There are several other peeves about this release that I find it much less useful and valuable than all prior releases.

Am I doing something(s) wrong ... or are these issues "features" of 1Password 4?

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi helpmehelpu,

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password. We would be more than happy to look into what might be going on here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• helpmehelpu
    helpmehelpu
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Thanks. Check your inbox.

• Meek
    Options

Thanks @helpmehelpu, we'll take a look through your report and respond to your email as soon as we can.

This discussion has been closed.