Installed Mavericks and 1Password, but can't restore from a 1Password 3 backup!?

Options
joelataylor
joelataylor
Community Member

Please tell me I'm not screwed. I did a backup of my 1P v3.8 account and saved the file. I installed 1P v4 and tried to get it to restore from the backup but it wouldn't.

I created a new vault and tried to restore from Backup - and it wouldn't.

Please tell me this is possible! And if so - how?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@joelataylor

Did you save the 1Password.agilekeychain file ? Its the easiest way to get working again with 1Password 4. I have not tried going from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 thru a backup. They use different database formats so I doubt it would be possible. But you never know the guys they are some pretty craft creatures.

If you didn't save the keychain file..

You could always reinstall 1Password 3 it can be run along side 1Password 4. There are no issues other than you cannot use the 2 different browser extension's ( 1P4 and 1P3) at the same time.

Basically the world will not come to and end installing both at the same time. Just no extensions. Once 1Password 3 is installed restore from the backup and save the 1Password.agilekeychain file. From there you can get your data into 1Password 4.

Once we get you going on the the data backup. We can help guide you into getting it into 1Password 4.

• joelataylor
    joelataylor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks thightower - that's actually how I solved it. Installed v3 then created an export/transport file, and imported it into v4. Man I was worried.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @joelataylor,

Awesome, I'm glad @thightower helped and you were able to transfer your data. If you have any more questions, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.