Licences, Platforms, Devices... Oh My!

Options
RonNJ
RonNJ
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

Hopefully this is posted in the correct forum... I apologize if it is not.

I have been a 1Password user since 2008, currently using 1Password for Mac 3.8.21. Lately, when I want to enter a stored password, the Login List is not in sync with the website... usually still positioned at a site I previously visited. This is resolved by restarting the Helper but the issue returns from time to time. I suspect that when I upgrade to 1Password 4, this will not be an issue. But, before upgrading, I have some questions.

(1) Using OSx 10.8.5 (not upgraded to Maverick). Does it matter which upgrade I do first, OSx or 1Password?

(2) Considering buying an iPad Air. Do I need to purchase another license to use 1Password 4 on the iPad?

(3) Do you sell a bundle for both devices?

Thanks... and keep up the good work!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I would be inclined to upgrade the OS first and then install 1P4.
    2. You can use the Mac App Store version on any OS X machine that uses the same Apple ID. For AgileBits' store licences, see here.

Stephen

• Hi @RonNJ,

The mismatch sounds like the 1Password Helper isn't syncing the data across to the browser extension and the main app properly, we can help you fix this. The good news is that in 1Password 4, there is no longer a copy of the database in the extension, meaning there's only one copy of your 1Password data. 1Password mini directly accesses the 1Password data and push it to the extension to fill in, so mismatching is not likely to happen anymore.

(1) Using OSx 10.8.5 (not upgraded to Maverick). Does it matter which upgrade I do first, OSx or 1Password?

We recommend upgrading to 1Password 4 before upgrading Mavericks. There was an issue with the old 1Password 3.9.x version on Mavericks, which is why we got 1Password 4 out before Mavericks was released.

(2) Considering buying an iPad Air. Do I need to purchase another license to use 1Password 4 on the iPad?

No, there are no licenses involved at the Apple's App Stores. Your purchases are tied to your AppleID account and your purchases can be used on any iOS devices you own in addition to your Mac App purchases, which can be used on any Macs you own.

When you get the Air, you can just let it restore from the iCloud or iTunes backup, and 1Password will be there automatically.

Note you should do a full backup before doing anything. Here's how you can do this for 1Password 4 for iOS. You can also create a backup on your Mac by opening 1Password, and go to the File Menu > Backup.

(3) Do you sell a bundle for both devices?

If you're talking about Mac/iOS, no, that's not something anybody can do. Apple does not allow bundles between the Mac and iOS App Stores.

This discussion has been closed.