Cannot Remove 1password mini from my menubar on Mac

Options
aaronbalthaser
aaronbalthaser
Community Member

I was having issues seeing rich icons. So I decided to uninstall 1password and reinstall. Then no matter what I did I cannot get rid of the 1password mini from my menubar on my mac. It just keeps coming back. Everything else is gone but it will not stop appearing. What do I have to do to get rid of it?

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi aaronbalthaser,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with removing 1Password Mini. The best way to remove 1Password Mini, is as follows:

• Install the main 1Password app if its not already, as this is needed for the process.
    • Launch 1Password and click 1Password > Preferences > General.
    • Uncheck the option to Always keep 1Password mini running
    • Press Command-Control-Q to quit both 1Password and 1Password Mini.
    • Drag the 1Password application to the trash

Please let us know if that works for you!

• aaronbalthaser
    aaronbalthaser
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

So I did as you said and it worked. However I tried to do a fresh install and all the old data was there. I deleted my iCloud data and all the associated files. Where is it storing this information. I want to do a clean install.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @aaronbalthaser,

Thanks for the update - I'm glad to hear that worked! If you want to start completely fresh in 1Password 4 for Mac with new data, take a look at the following guide:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/start-over.html

Let us know if that works for you!

• aaronbalthaser
    aaronbalthaser
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your speeding assistance.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @aaronbalthaser,

You're most welcome :) If there's anything else we can help with, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.