Copy Job app?

Options
Franko
Franko
Community Member

Hola guys,
Running Mavericks I got this message that "Copy Job" wants to control my computer. This can be allowed by toggling it in Accessibility pref pane.
Is this app part of 1P4 which creates the backup copies?
Reason I ask is unfortunately Apple does not give a way to track back the app to a parent app or its location.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

@Franko

I have ran all the 1Password betas and never seen this, all while running the Mavericks betas. I cannot say for 100% but I doubt it. Are you running the web version of the Mac App Store version.

This Apple discussion forums topic seems to say it may be part of Super Duper do you use it ? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1814052?start=0&tstart=0

Edit : You may wish to review all 4 posts, it seems to indicate the copy job should not be appearing but the discussion was from 2008. With the new Mavericks limitations, I would say it may be possible for it to show up.

I think also before trying an of the items listed I would contact shirt-pocket and see what they have to say in re: to Mavericks.

• Franko
    Franko
    Community Member
    Options

Bingo.
    Thank you very much @thightower ! Indeed I do use SuperDuper to clone my boot disk. Will follow Dave's instruction and also send Apple feedback to have Accessibility bread crumb the path of the app that triggered the alert.
    Thanks again.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Franko

Remember that was a 2008 post so make sure and contact shirt-pocket directly. http://www.shirt-pocket.com/

• Franko
    Franko
    Community Member
    Options
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Franko

Thanks for adding that to the topic. Seems they are already putting out fires on their end.

• Franko
    Franko
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower

Before following his instructions will add Copy Job to the Accessibility list to see if it works. Not really in the mood to delete and recreate the copy script from scratch and it's somewhat unclear if the 2.7.2 update addresses this issue.

• MikeT
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi @Franko,

The blog post you're pointed say the 2.7.2 is built specifically to work around it, so you have to wait for it to come out.

I'm moving this thread to the Lounge forum since it's not related to 1Password at all.

This discussion has been closed.