Overwhelmed by subdomains

efc
efc
Community Member

The browser plugins and 1PW mini seem to not distinguish between subdomains. In other words, when on a site "foo.domain.com" I also see logins for "bar.domain.com". Worse yet, the logins for "foo" are not even prioritized to the top of the list of logins. I manage a few domains which have dozens of subdomains running many services with separate logins. Since there is no prioritization, the login I need is almost never near the top of the list, and is often hidden under the "show more" button.

Futhermore, 1PW does not give me any way to manage this situation. In the main app there is no way to ask 1PW to reveal all the logins that would be shown when visiting a given URL. This makes if very awkward to even weed the list of logins down to something more manageable.

It would be helpful if 1PW either prioritized the list presented in mini and plugins based on the "best match" for a given full domain name. If that would be too confusing, it would be nice if 1PW could be instructed (via preference?) that it should match not just domain, but also subdomain.

Another way to approach this might be to let the user be more explicit about what string in a URL should trigger the appearance of an item on the mini/plugin lists. In fact, it almost seems there is a step in this direction with the "display" option evident when editing logins. Right now the only choices seem to be "Always" or "Never". What if this were, in my example, "Always when visiting domain.com", "Only when visiting foo.domain.com", and "Never display in browser"? This could be expanded for as many levels of subdomain as are present in the website field.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Generally, this has been mentioned in a number of threads. There is one here, with a contribution on behalf of AgileBits.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @efc.

Since @Stephen_C referred you to that other topic, where you've also posted and linked back here, I'm going to close this one. Please follow up there if you'd like. :)

This discussion has been closed.