Website field duplicated after syncing. [Fixed after restoring from a backup]

Options
Mark Sealey
Mark Sealey
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

Upgrade (MAS) from 3 to 4 at home went perfectly.

But when I installed 1P 4 at work (again, using my Apple ID on MAS) 1P now with iCloud synch created duplicate 'website 2' fields in most (though not all) of my Login records.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Mark,

What about on the home Mac, do you see the website duplicates there?

Did you ever use any of our betas for 1Password 4 or is this the first time you're using 1Password 4 on Mac?

Also, do you have any iOS devices running 1Password 4 and if yes, any duplicates there?

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,

I actually went through and deleted all the website2 duplicates on the work Mac before I synched at home that evening. So work and home Macs are both now duplicate-free.

I did not use any betas anywhere. First time 1P4 on either Mac.

I have 1P on iOS (iPhone).

Since it seemed to be when I ran 1P on iOS 7.0.2 for the first time that that single field/item was duplicated. I'd really like to continue to use 1P on my iPhone but am reluctant to do so since I don't want the act of synching now to create 800 duplicates again.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks, Mike!

• Hi Mark,

If everything's on the Macs already, we can just reset the apps on the iOS devices to sync from your Macs, do the following;

1. Open 1Password on the Mac, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Backup to create a new backup, so that you can restore easily if things go wrong.

2. On the iOS devices, remove the 1Password for iOS app.

3. Now, go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync, disable the iCloud sync, and let it delete the data from iCloud.

4. Once you do that, wait 5 minutes and then confirm iCloud did remove the data by doing this; Open System Preferences > iCloud > Manage..

5. Find onepassword on the left sidebar. If you don't see it, then skip this step and move to #6. If you do find it, select i, and then select the Documents and Data before clicking Delete All.

6. Now, in 1Password 4 for Mac, enable the iCloud sync in the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync, wait 5-10 minutes, and then install 1Password for your iOS devices. It should pick up your iCloud data as soon as you open it.

Let me know how it turns out.

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,

Thanks so much for that clear and helpful set of directions.

It seems to have worked perfectly; I won't know until I check my work machine next week.

Much appreciated!

• Hi Mark,

You're welcome! Hope to hear the good news next week about the work computer.

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again, Mike; other machine working just fine. Good luck to you all!

• Hi Mark,

That's awesome, thank you for updating this, and you're welcome (again). :)

This discussion has been closed.