Really miss the Replace option when resetting passwords.

Options
Michael Tennes
Michael Tennes
Community Member

When resetting passwords from the browser extension, there used to be a way to choose which saved login to update. That appears to be missing, because (unless I am doing something wrong) it always creates a new one when it prompts to save. I always have to manually edit logins.

I've gotten used to manually editing logins when changing passwords, because one problem that has been bugging me in V3 and now in V4 is that when you reset a password it nukes the username when it Saves the login because you're already signed in, seems this shouldn't be hard to fix, don't delete or save something empty over existing value.

Comments

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I also miss the ability to UPDATE an existing login with a new password vs having to create a new one and edit or delete the old version later.

• Hi guys,

The Update Login feature is there in the 1Password mini but there are some bugs that affect how it works. We're working on resolving these as soon as possible.

It does work on some sites like Twitter, Facebook but not others. We think we figured it out but it's going to take some time to improve it as we don't want to cause more regressions to make it work better across all sites.

• efc
    efc
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Most of my sites are not updating logins properly. Please do prioritize this bug. 1Password is much less functional without this.

• efc
    efc
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, if "there are some bugs" as MikeT points out, then it might be good to add this issue to the "know issues" post.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @efc, thanks for your feedback on this! We totally understand how useful this feature is - stay tuned for updates.

• timeuser
    timeuser
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, updating logins just doesn't seem to ever work for me anymore. How about there be a manual option to choose which login to update? Wasn't there something like that in version 3? It just doesn't seem like it's reliable enough to only be automatic detection.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

Being able to choose which Login item to update, similar to what 1P3 supports, is one of the possible improvements we're considering for 1P4. We've got other ideas in mind for Update Login beyond bug fixes. :)

This discussion has been closed.