Unable to activate license(s)

Options
realtordon
realtordon
Community Member

Paid for a family pack upgrade to V 4. Double clicking on the download gets me "what application would you like to use to open?"

The "add a license" bit in the app is not there.

It would be great to get what I paid for.

Thanks for your help,

i Mac OS X running 10.8.5 same on new Mac Book Air.

Don

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

@realtordon

Please try downloading the license file again.

You can use the resend link. https://agilebits.com/licenses/resend

If I recall directly there were earlier issues with the license file, and the solution was to try another copy.

• aquagram71
    aquagram71
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue-paid for upgrade to 1PW4 Family Pack from my Family Pack 1PW3 and the file that downloads is a 802 byte file that will not open. I have downloaded it numerous times and on different computers both running OSX 10.8.5. I have tried the resend as well. So sad there are so many problems that support cannot get to mine.

• realtordon
    realtordon
    Community Member
    Options

Still no luck applying my license and dead silence from "support" After re-downloading the license file & double clicking, 1 Password opens but the new license does not appear. There is no "1Password > License window." showing in the application. I am upgrading from V3, Things appear to be working just no license showing. I appreciate any forum suggestions since "support" is MIA

• stewbob
    stewbob
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting the same problem. Downloaded v3.8.21 from the website, used it for 30 days, decided to keep it, so bought the license. No matter how many times I download the license, it still won't import.

Also tried to enter the "key" manually, using various fields from the license file XML. Still no good. So now I'm worried that my unlicensed app will eventually stop working and I'll have to go back to using SplashID for my passwords :-(

I emailed support 2 days ago, they said they would be in touch, but I've heard nothing.

All in all it's very poor service. It's a shame because the app itself is very good. Too bad it can't be licensed! Agilebits are happy to take the money though...

• Hi guys,

@realtordon:

Double clicking on the download gets me "what application would you like to use to open? "The "add a license" bit in the app is not there.

There is no "1Password > License window."

Wait, just to be clear, you open the main 1Password app and went to the 1Password Menu, you don't see License.. like in this screenshot?

If not, can you go to the 1Password Menu > About 1Password and tell me which version of 1Password you have installed.

@aquagram71:

the file that downloads is a 802 byte file that will not open.

Are you opening the main 1Password 4 app, going to the 1Password Menu > License.. to drag the file in? Don't open the file, just drag it into the License area.

@stewbob:

Downloaded v3.8.21 from the website, used it for 30 days, decided to keep it, so bought the license. No matter how many times I download the license, it still won't import.

That's because you only have a license for 1Password 4, it doesn't work in 1Password 3 for Mac.

Is there a reason you're using 3.8.21 instead of 1Password 4.0.2? You're on Lion or older? If yes, let me know and I'll send you the 1Password 3 license.

I emailed support 2 days ago, they said they would be in touch, but I've heard nothing. All in all it's very poor service. It's a shame because the app itself is very good. Too bad it can't be licensed! Agilebits are happy to take the money though...

I do apologize about that, we did send an auto-responder saying it's going to take us a while to get to you. We're taking about a week to reply to everybody. The 1Password 4 for Mac release really sent a lot of folks writing in with questions about it and we didn't expect it to be that many. We got 10K emails in our backlog with 1K new emails coming daily and as a small company, we're trying very hard to catch up to everybody.

• stewbob
    stewbob
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

It looks like I've made a silly mistake - trying to install a v4 license into v3! Oops! Ok I'm going to download v4 and try again...

• Stew (embarassed)
  • stewbob
    stewbob
    Community Member
    Options

Ok quick update - my v4 license successfully installed into my new v4 install. Sorry for wasting everyone's time!

• Stew (happy)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @stewbob

It happens, I made one rather obvious blunder this weekend myself and it was a single line Applescript. I am sure Mike will just be happy to have another issue solved. He like's those solved issues, no matter how they come about.

• Hi @stewbob,

Like Tommy said, I'm super glad to see you got it resolved. Happy customers are what we want to see in the end! :)

Hopefully, the other folks here will be happy as well soon.

• eccomarco
    eccomarco
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

:bz

This discussion has been closed.