Discussions login not working from 1Password?

Options
satelles
satelles
Community Member

Is it possible to login to discussions from 1password? It seems that the popup login does not work with my login entry in 1Password.

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @satelles,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with logging into the AgileBits discussions forum with 1Password. I can confirm that it works fine for me when logging in, so lets figure out what is happening in your case.

When you say that the popup login does not work with your login entry in 1Password, do you mean that it is not filling in your username and password, or do you mean that it is not accepting your username and password?

What URL do you have saved in the Website field for your login item? Try entering simply "http://discussions.agilebits.com/" and see if that works.

Let me know what you find and we'll continue from there.

• satelles
    satelles
    Community Member
    Options

I discovered that I actually have to click on the sign in link to activate the popup window, then click on the mini keychain entry for discussions. I was trying to sign in by simply double clicking on my discussions login from the 1password app.

• Thanks for clarifying @satelles. I see exactly what you mean now.

The forum software we use here hides the Login form and only shows it when you click Login In. When you use Go & Fill from 1Password the Discussion Forums will open fine but 1Password will skip the Login form because it is not visible. In theory we could fill and submit the hidden form but this can cause issues on some sites.

On many sites you can bookmark a direct link to the login page to avoid this issue. Sadly I couldn't find a direct link for our site. Perhaps it's time to switch forum software packages again :)

This discussion has been closed.