Options
2»

Comments

• Kim
    Kim
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, one more time as another has said:

I can't GET to the menu bar in 1Password. Because I can't get it to open.

Refer to "ttski 5-5-13 - "Thanks for your response. I cannot get past the error message to open the program, so unable to complete a diagnostics report."

This is a paid for product. If you can't help me get it to work, I'd like the money to be refunded and I'll find something else that doesn't fight me so hard.

5 days between my last post and your response and nothing getting resolved is not good. My first post here was July 15, 2013. It's now July 30, 2013, and still no resolution.

I'm pretty sure it's a Windows 7 problem. Since my machine is pretty new, and I primarily use it for work, there is nothing on here, I think, that would cause ChilkatCrypt2.dll to already be there. IE, no games, no whatever.

I'd really like to get this resolved, one way or another.

Thanks.
    +

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kim, my sincere apologies. We can better assist you via email. We typically reply to all support inquiries within 24 hours and often much sooner. These public forums are not always the best place for fast replies as we do expect that the community will also chime in. I'm sorry for any confusion in that regard.

support@ agilebits .com

I wish I had a solution to your problem, but this problem is on a much deeper level on your system. I tried to find your account in your system in order to refund your purchase, but I found no record of your purchase based on the email address you used to sign up for this forum. That's all I had to go on, though, so of course it is possible that you simply used a different email address to purchase 1Password.

Please email us as soon as possible so that we can get everything taken care of.

Thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2013
    Options

@Kim, please try this:

1. Download ChilkatCrypt2.zip here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ky5gnzgm97l7juh/ChilkatCrypt2.zip
    2. Unzip and then copy ChilkatCrypt2.dll into C:\Windows\System32
    3. Click Start, and locate the "Command Prompt" menu item (buried deep inside Accessories under All Programs). Right click on "Command Prompt". On the pop-up right click context menu, select "Run as Administrator".
    4. Type this: "cd C:\Windows\System32" (no quotes)
    5. Type this: "regsvr32.exe ChilkatCrypt2.dll" (no quotes).

Are you seeing any error messages?

• marintechit
    marintechit
    Community Member
    Options

@khad

I have not had a chance to look at the the signed dll. However reading your post about having "SAAZOD" installed, I can confirm that I do. It is now continuum and it is an RMM tool that I use on all my clients. So this is the culprit? Are there any workarounds?

--Steve

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm double-checking with the devs, but it may help to follow Stefan's instructions above. My concern is that it will just keep getting overwritten as long as the offending program is still installed.

Please let me know how it goes when you follow Stefan's instructions in post #34, though.

• marintechit
    marintechit
    Community Member
    Options

I will try those those instruction. It does it everyday, I have to log in and reinstall it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The problem with SAAZOD by Zenith is that they install ChilkatCrypt2.dll in the application directory (not in the Windows system directory), and they keep re-registering their own copy. This copy isn't signed, and that is why we cannot trust it.

So I don't thin the instructions in post #34 for Kim will work for you because no matter where you install and register ChilkatCrypt2.dll, the SAAZOD software will keep re-registering their own (unsigned) copy.

Please note SAAZOD does not overwrite ChilkatCrypt2.dll, but it does register their own (unsigned) version again and again. :/

• marintechit
    marintechit
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so does this mean there is not workaround for it?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Unfortunately, apart from uninstalling the program that repeatedly registers an unsigned copy of a key encryption library, I don't know of another solution.

• Kim
    Kim
    Community Member
    Options

What Stefan had me do WORKED!!!!!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kim, that is fantastic. I'm so glad to hear it. Please do let us know if you have any other trouble! :)

• marintechit
    marintechit
    Community Member
    Options

I really need a solution that does not involve removing my RMM tool, I can't even remove it because of the services I provide this client, and they really need 1password to work.

• Hummel
    Hummel
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting same issue. Whenever I start or restart windows, the pop-up error msg appears.
    I'm using Bootcamp Win7 on MBP 2011 and 2012. Same thing happens with both machines.

Even though I uninstalled 1Password, same msg continues to appear.
    It's too annoying..
    I tried Stefan's advice, but doesn't work well still.

Please help, thank you:)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hummel, sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Can you tell me what the RegSvr2 message says, in that last screen shot, above?

Also, can you post the output of the ListDLLs tool that Khad described, earlier in this thread? (If you prefer, you can send us the output at support@agilebits.com; be sure to include a link to this forum thread.)

This discussion has been closed.