Unable to locate 1P data in Dropbox for 1P4 use

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited November 2013 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't select dropbox folder from initial setup.

Comments

• damaire
    damaire
    Community Member
    Options

Quite the same problem BUT:

-new mac, running Maverick. Trying to install 1P4 on it. I have 1P3 on an other Mac (running Snow Leopard), all datas sync with DropBox.
    -I also use 1P4 on my iPhone (with DropBox)
    -1P4 purchased on agilebits website (not app store), with "upgrade from 1P3" price. 4.0.5 downloaded from website.
    -Setting up: "I've used 1password before", then it asks for "where's my data?"
    -can't select DropBox Folder, nor 1P folder. I do not have any 1password.agilebitkeychain file in my DropBox folder.
    -I tried to select every files which are in my DropBox folder. It doesn't work.

Please, can you help me ?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @damaire. I've created this new topic for the problem you've reported with 1P4 not locating your 1Password data in Dropbox.

Could you please run 1P3 on your Snow Leopard Mac and let me know the location of your data file shown under General Preferences? If you're successfully syncing it with your iPhone using Dropbox then it must be somewhere in Dropbox. After finding where it is then we can figure out why 1P4 on your new Mac isn't finding it and fix that problem.

Thanks!

• damaire
    damaire
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for my english level. It's like you don't really see what I mean :( I perfectly know where 1P datas are. They're in ~/dropbox/1Password. In 1P4 on the new mac (using maverick), during set up: I chose ""I've used 1password before". Then it asks for "where's my data?" . I select 1Password folder or Dropbox folder but nothing happen when I select "open".

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry that I misunderstood you, @damaire.

After it asks "where's my data?" and you select the 1Password folder or Dropbox folder can you see the 1Password.agilekeychain file there, select that file, then select Open? It might look similar to this:

I hope that helps you find the right file and open it.

• damaire
    damaire
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, I can't find this file (even when I search for it with Spotlight, even if I look for invisible files). Have a look on the screen. (I do confirm that my 1P folder in my Dropbox really works with 1P4 on my Iphone, 1P4 on my iPad and 1P3 on my iMac (10.6.8).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the helpful screen image, @damaire.

In that image the .agilekeychain extension is missing from the 1Password keychain filename so you're seeing files/folder inside that keychain. 1P4 is trying and failing to find a keychain with that .agilekeychain extension. The preferred name and location would be:

Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

You should be seeing something like this:

If would be easiest to use email to continue helping you fix this problem and make sure Dropbox syncing works correctly on all your systems/devices. If you want to do that please start by sending us a Diagnostics Report from your new Mac that runs Mavericks with 1P4 installed; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic in your email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. We'll be able to better assist you after receiving that report. Thank you!

• damaire
    damaire
    Community Member
    Options

Done ! ;)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @damaire. I'm still looking for your report. Did you send it from a different email address than you're registered with on this forum?

• damaire
    damaire
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I did.
    I send the email Adress in a private message

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've found your email now, @damaire. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.