Carryover error from v.3 when installing v.4

robert_heath
robert_heath
Community Member

I've an error message showing on my iMac 1 password. When I went on Safari it gave me some instructions on how to fix the problem, but I've lost them somehow. It was something to do with the browser retaining V3 password now I have the V4 installed - can someone please help

Comments

• robert_heath
    robert_heath
    Community Member

there is currently a little 1 in a red circle in my browser bar!

• Hi @robert_heath,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• robert_heath
    robert_heath
    Community Member

Please note, I'm using Mac OS X Version 10.8.5 and Safari version 6.1

I think I just need to be able to reinstall the 1Password extension to the browser, but can't seem to find how to do this anyway.

Please help, I'm not very technical on these sort of issues.

If 1password is not tin the browser list it is not much use to me. I'm getting worried that I might lose some important login information.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@robert_heath, can you install the browser extension you need by opening 1P4, going to the 1Password 4 menu and clicking on Install Browser Extensions?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @robert_heath.

Have you had a chance to send us the Diagnostics Report that @Meek suggested doing? It'll help us to quickly pinpoint the cause of your problem so we can provide you a specific solution for it. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.