Options
2»

Comments

• klute
    klute
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the follow-up.

FYI I was able to successfully download the license file.

(1) From the email (with the unlinkable link) I clicked on "If you have any troubles viewing this email, you can view it here." That page on the agilebits site offered a "Click here" link to register the app but that link (which has a onepasswd:// handler) was not recognized by Safari, Opera or Chrome.

(2) Instead I clicked on the link "License File: Download" (which I don't remember being there yesterday) and the license file downloaded quickly.

All is well now. Thanks for offering the support Jeff, I really appreciate it.

• EricL
    EricL
    Community Member
    Options

My license problem is a little different.

I purchased 1Password 3 in January and have had the email with a key for a free upgrade. I went through the upgrade procedure and 1Password 4 is installed and seems to work OK. But the license file I download is for 1Password 3, and when I click on 'License … ' I also get a license that is for 1Password 3 with the original date and is not for 1Password 4.

How do I get a license for 1Password 4?

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

I have the very same problem.

• sleek881
    sleek881
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem as Eric

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

Hopefully an Administrator will address this issue or contact us. I just want to make sure I have my permanent version of 4.

• Can you see the Download link in the email?

We recently changed it to take you to the license download page with instructions. Hopefully this page will help.

You can always obtain the new license email here: https://agilebits.com/licenses/resend

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@EricL

If I undestand it correctly, if your license is a file and not just a key, then it works on 1Password 4. No license file works on version 3, that one only accepts a key.

I bought version 3 earlier this year and got the upgrade email with a download link. I downloaded the license file and put it in the license window. Now the window says "License: 1Password 3 for Mac" and purchase date in May. This is still a real version 4 license, it is just a description of how you got the license. I got it because I bought version 3 in 2013, but someone else may have gotten it as part of a Window + Mac bundle.

I hope Agilebits can confirm this, but I believe this must be the case because there is no indication that my licensed copy of 1Password 4 is limited.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

I am sorry but that does not work. When I click on download where your arrow is pointing all it does is enlarge and reduce the size of the screen. I went to the website you gave in the last line and downloaded the license. I then clicked on download in the email and went to Finder and double clicked. I checked my license under Preference and it still says 1 Password 3. I am using version 4 and love it, but I want to make sure I am registered for 4 and not 3 which I purchased August 29, 2013. There are still bugs in the your procedure,
    it should be not this difficult for me or anyone.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

Xe997, I have followed the procedure, twice, given just before your post by the Founder, and my license still says 3. I sure wish this would be resolved. I have spent tons of time messing with it and I am computer literate. If I am using a valid version of 4, guess I don't care if it says 3 or 4.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@wefski

Yes, my point is you shouldn't care if it says 3 or 4. According to my license window, the license is "1Password 3 for Mac". That does not mean that the license only works on version 3. The source of confusion is that version 3 and 4 use two different ways of handling licenes. A key vs. a file. If you have a file then it is good.

So what if the windows says 3 (as mine do)? If it also contains this:

"Thank you for supporting 1Password!"
    "This license can be used by [name] on as many computers as needed."
    and a gold version of the 1Password logo

then there is nothing to worry about (in my opinion). My window also lacks any hint of an "end date". There is no time indicating I'm using some pseudo-trail version.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

I sure appreciate your comments above. My license is exactly as your appears, in fact, when I signed into 1PW first thing this morning there was a version update. I know I have the file and it is working great. Again, appreciate your comments. Maybe the 1PW folks could have been a little clearer.

• When applying your license to 1Password 4 it will may show as 1Password 3 in some cases where you've upgraded from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4. You will see something similar to this:

Valid License

This indicates that you do indeed have a valid license and are no longer in the trial period. It sounds like this is what you are seeing and if so then you are in good shape.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

Jeff, thank you so much. This is the email I have been waiting for. My license says exactly that but for name and date. One simple comment from you has cleared the air. You have a great product.

• EricL
    EricL
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for the clarification over my - and others' - confusion with the license wording. I will now start exploring the new 1Password 4 features.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

EricL, that is all we needed isn't it, just some heads up.

• I do apologize that this has been far more trying than it should have been.

• sleek881
    sleek881
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't got that download link yet.

• bricamac
    bricamac
    Community Member
    Options

I have got the same problem, I bought today my upgrade version on 1password for MAC. I have received my license file from email. I have downloaded but this file isn't link to any program. I launch 1password 4 ....then I try to apply the license directly from the menu license...but I couldn't see it into the file selector !

• HI bricamac

If you haven't already, please try the link next to "License File:" and download your license file from there rather than use the license file in the email. It seems that at times postmark is adding a space to the name of the license file which is causing issues. If you use the License File link it will re-download your file and you can then apply that to the license menu in 1Password 4. Please let me know if you find that still does not work.

• yevgeniy
    yevgeniy
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1password in 2011. Just upgraded now. I do not have license file download links. Resending email w/ license information does
    not produce license file download link either. Any way to convert my license key into a license file expected by 1password4?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yevgeniy,

Please check your messages - I've sent you an email.

• woodsrider
    woodsrider
    Community Member
    Options

Hello....I just downloaded 1Password 4 for my new Mac, and I cannot find a way to download the license file. I have requested the license email (which contains the long key code), but there is not a download link that is specifically for the license file. There is a download link, but it will only allow you to download the app.

When I click 1Password 4----> License---->Add license, I get a dialog box, so I can't even input the license key. Agh.....help!

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Woodsrider,

With 1Password 4, you don't actually put in the license code yourself. It is done kind of automagically through the license email you received.

Where do you have the license email stored? Is it still in your downloads folder?

If so, try moving it somewhere else (like your desktop). Once you do that, the document will look like the 1Password key icon.

Make sure 1Password is open.

Double click on the icon and it should automatically register your license.

That should resolve your issue.

• Valtteri Santala
    Valtteri Santala
    Community Member
    Options

I suddenly began seeing a Trial warning in my 1Password4 that I've had since the beta phase. I think the last update introduced the Trial warning. I did the same thing as Woodsrider and clicking on an .eml file does not work. The email I receive has this instruction: "Register: Select 1Password > License… and paste the above information.". It seems like even the instructions are out of date.

Please advise as to how to get rid of the Trial warning

• gatonejo
    gatonejo
    Community Member
    Options

i have no link to download license file.
    I need help.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkfqgq4rp5v91r8/license.jpg

• Jasper
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hey @gatonejo and Valtteri,

A license key is for 1Password 3. You need a license file to use 1Password 4. And if you've never upgraded to 1Password 4, you won't have one.

Also see this announcement about the license prompt added in the last update:

1Password 4 for Mac is asking me to "Buy 1Password now!"

This discussion has been closed.