1Password 4.0.5 doesn't save preferences

Options
Michael Chan
Michael Chan
Community Member

I just updated to v4.0.5 and apart from the reported disappearance of my software licenses' icons, I have this annoying situation where every time I starts 1Password, the "Welcome to 1Password 4" popup starts and any preferences I set in Preferences are not saved the next time I start the application again.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried rebooting the machine to resolve the preferences issue?

Stephen

• VisualFrameworks
    VisualFrameworks
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

This is probably a Mavericks (iCloud) fail.
    Try this:

Bevor: backup database and copy it to an other folder.

1. Delete 1P completely (AppDelete or something else)

2. Go to /Users/"User"/Library/Mobille Documents/ an delete the 2 folders (...agilebits~onepassword-osx-helper and ...com~agilebits~onepassword)

3. Empty trash

4. Reboot

5. Install 1P again

6. Replace the backup file to /Users/"User"/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups

7. Go to settings and restore the backup

done!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Michael.

I don't know if you've already tried what @VisualFrameworks suggested, though we don't recommend using AppDelete or other app delete/cleaner utility to remove 1Password. Similar to what he suggested, you could start by saving a backup of your 1Password data, then follow instructions in Starting over, and finally restore your backup. This procedure can vary if you're using syncing and possibly other factors.

If you're still having issues we'd like help you resolve them through email, ensuring you won't lose any 1Password data. To do that please start by sending us a Diagnostics Report from any Mac where you have incomplete 1Password data; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic in your email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. After seeing that report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.