1Password IPad/IPhone Browser changing forum headings

Options
Hengus
Hengus
Community Member

If I access a forum via 1Password on my IPad or IPhone and reply to a post, 1Password changes the post heading from re- xxxxxx to my login username; 'RE- Broadband Settings' becomes 'Hengus'. This is beginning to annoy other forum posters. Can anyone explain what is going on here and what I can do about it? Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @Hengus,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with the forums. I'm unable to recreate this error on my end - posting from iPad seems to behave just fine here. Can you tell me a bit more about the steps you took that led to this error?

• Hengus
    Hengus
    Community Member
    Options

The sequence is as follows:

Open 1Password 4 on IPad

Log in to site and post a reply. 1Password a changes the thread title to my username and adds my username to the tag line. This only happens with the 1Password browser.

Read down to the 6th post in this thread:

https://forum.zen.co.uk/forums/thread/45624.aspx

This problem also occurs with other sites - but not all of them. The problem does not occur if I log into the site manually with Safari as my browser. Is it possible to force

• Hengus
    Hengus
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Megan - as you can see, 1PW4 has also changed the subject heading above. Both posts sent from 1PW4 browser on an IPad. Looking at other threads on this site, I am beginning to wonder whether this is how 1PW4 is designed to work? Unfortunately, most of the forums that I contribute to retain the thread heading in the subject line; ie, 1PW4 Browser Issues with all responses having a subject line which is the same as the above or re: 1PW4 Browser Issues.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hengus,

Thanks for including the specific site that is giving you trouble!

It sounds like 1Password is getting a bit overzealous when filling. In order to track down where this is happening, I'd like to get a bit more detail about how you are using 1Password to log in: are you tapping the address when viewing the entry in the vault or going to the site manually and filling your user information with the key icon in 1Browser?

• Hengus
    Hengus
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi. I am just tapping the website address in the vault which opens the page and fills in the login details.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hengus,

Can you confirm that you are up-to-date with 1Password 4? The latest iOS version is 4.3.1.

• Hengus
    Hengus
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - I am running version 4.3.1 on my IPad and the latest versions on my IPhone and IMac.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hengus,

Thanks for confirming that for me. I've asked our developers to take a closer look at this issue. There was a previous bug that caused 1Password's filling feature to get a bit over-zealous, but we thought we had it squashed. I'll let you know if we need any more information from you as we investigate. :)

This discussion has been closed.